why does everyone think that formula is expensive???

If you spend $30 on a can of formula and use a can a week it is like $5 a day! That isn't expensive.. you spend more on your food to eat everyday...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:58 AM on May. 18, 2009 in General Parenting

• Because it is expensive when added on TOP of the rest of the food you need to buy for everyone else to eat. You can't break it down to a $/day cost because you don't pay per day, you pay all at once, and $30 is a lot, especially when the rest of your groceries are already expensive.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It's something for people to complain about. $30 for a can of formula is nothing compared to the price of baby food that is store bought once the baby is needing solids. Best advice is if you don't want to pay the $30 then breastfeed ... you know?
    midnightmoet

Answer by midnightmoet at 10:05 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Hm. Well, depends on the age of your baby and how much they eat, but at 5 mths, that big can didnt last us a week. So some people need 2/week. Some babies, like my son, are on special formula which is $30 for a small can that lasts about 3 days. Thats about $70/week. Formula is expensive.
    Auntiemom410

Answer by Auntiemom410 at 10:06 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It's cheaper to buy milk than formula. That's why.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:06 AM on May. 18, 2009

• because to some people $30 is a lot of money..... to others $30 is pocket change. Your perspective on what is "Expensive" and what is "cheap" is directly relative to the thickness of your wallet.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 10:21 AM on May. 18, 2009

• 30? go to same club, bj's or costco and you can get a bigger can for 10 bucks cheaper.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 18, 2009

• At costco, we get 2 25.7oz cans for $19.79. Dd is almost a year old so we will be done with formula soon!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• 12.9 ( i believe ours is ) ... anyway ... its 50 sum bucks for 5 ... i buy more than 1 just incase my so is at work when we run out lol (dont want it to happen AGAIN!)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 18, 2009

• When your grocery bill jumps EVERY week from say $150 to $200 because of formula, diapers and wipes, it adds up. I breastfed but did have to buy formula once in a while to supplement when my babies got older for daycare and I HATED to spend the money, I'm thankful I didn't have to buy it that often.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:42 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Our family of four spends $80 a week on groceries. $30 more would be A LOT, more than a 35% increase in our grocery budget. $120 a month for formula is more than I pay for electricity, gasoline, or heat in a month. I breastfed, it was MUCH cheaper.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 10:46 AM on May. 18, 2009