What is this green (almost flourecent color) gooey stuff?

My son woke me up at 1:00 in the morning to tell me he keeps coughing so I get up to get him something for his cough when I notice he has these 2 little green gooey booger looking things in the corner of his inside of his eyes, I am like wtf?

He was half asleep and says... don't worry mommy I will just wash them off, I just smiled and said come here I still have to wipe those off. So I get a wet papertowel and softly wiped it off. He was fine this morning for school.

What was that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:00 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• Thats normally a sign of an infection brewing in the system. Best advice would be to watch him for signs of anything else going on and if something does take him to the doctors.
    midnightmoet

Answer by midnightmoet at 10:02 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Sounds like an infection. Could be pink eye with the green coming out of his eyes.
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 6:06 PM on May. 18, 2009