What would you do?

We have to move for about 5 months for my husbands job. We will have a 7 month old at the time. Thinking of all the luggage and baby stuff we will need to bring.... Should we fly or drive? The drive will be 25 hours. His company is shipping most of our stuff we will just have all our luggage and baby stuff. Any advice? Thanks!

Kaitlyn0816

Asked by Kaitlyn0816 at 10:00 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• How long would the flight be?
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 10:03 AM on May. 18, 2009

• The flight would be 3-4 hours. I'm just thinking about all the stuff we will have to check... Car seat, luggage, then when we get there we won't have a car yet so we just install the car seat in a rental. LOL I don't know
    Kaitlyn0816

Answer by Kaitlyn0816 at 10:19 AM on May. 18, 2009

• my husband got orders around the time my son was 5 months and the drive was only suppose to be 7 hrs it took us 9 with having to stop and feed and change the baby. so i would say you might add on about 2 hrs just for that unless your baby sleeps through the nite and you try to do most of the driving then. Plus we have a small car and i actually had to have my mom follow us down, so it might be easier just to fly...I would
    JessicaNichole

Answer by JessicaNichole at 10:23 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I'd ship all the baby stuff and just bring a large diaper bag of clothing diapers, etc. Then all you would need is the car seat. Baby can always sleep with you or on the floor if the crib or pack n' play isn't there yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:43 AM on May. 18, 2009

• sorry, I mean to say fly in my post.
    Anonymous

• I would fly; I am sure that the company will pay to ship your car, if you are moving someplace where you will need it.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:50 PM on May. 18, 2009