Where can you get heart guard from and how much is it?

My vet told me that my dog needs a heart worm preventative and that I can only get it at a vet and not a store but I thought you could get it at walmart or something... Any one know?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:01 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Pets

• I think any animal store should have it, I know PETCO does. Also 1-800-petmeds has it. I don't know how much it is, it's been so long since I've had to buy it.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:06 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I would just get it from the vet. They go by the animals weight I think.
    GMR

Answer by GMR at 10:11 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You can only get that from a vet. Pet stores do not sell it because they have to test your dog first before it can start taking it.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on May. 18, 2009

• You need to make sure your dog(s) have been cked for heart worm first before giving it to them. You can order on line or get it from your vet. Most places will ask you for a prescription from your vet. It is very important they are heartworm FREE before giving. They do go by the weight and how many you order. Just call any vets or or on line .
    doglovergranny

Answer by doglovergranny at 12:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I just paid 65 for a year supply.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 3:39 PM on May. 18, 2009