Do the doctors really have anything to do with the hospital billing?

I go to the doctor today and i have to go down to financial counseling to set up the payment plan for the delivery. They say it is suppose to be paid in full before you leave the hospital when you deliver. Anyways a couple of people have told me to talk to the doctor that somethimes they can talk to the hospitla. But i am not sure if that is true. The lady in financials in pretty hard core and very unwilling to work. What i really want is to be set up on weekly payments even thought they would need to run a few weeks after the delivery. Any suggestions on how to approach things.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:21 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• No, unfortunately, they, most of the time, are just as much in the dark as the rest of us.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:39 AM on May. 18, 2009

• The doctor's bill is totally separate from the hospital and they normally cannot do anything whatsoever to help you negotiate the hospital bill. Are you negotiating the doctor's charges or the hospital? I know when I had my kids, the doctor was hardcore about getting paid by a certain point, but I never dealt with the hospital at all until after the baby was born and my insurance paid.
    Anonymous

• What I find funny is that either one could be "hard core" about payment before the delivery date. How silly is that. Like the baby is going to just hang out until you pay? So what happens if you don't? By law, the hospital still has to take care of you.
    Anonymous