How do you thaw your meats?

How do you thaw diffrent types of meats?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:34 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Fridge, cold water (hot water will cook the meat and help bacteria grow), or the microwave. If thawing with cold water, I let the water run slowly on the package of meat to defrost, it usually takes no more than 15 minutes that way.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• take them out of the freezer the day before, and put them in the fridge to thaw overnight, and through the day. They should be ready to use after that, if not, I usually stick them in the microwave for a few minutes. GL.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I do mine the same way...fridge or microwave
    JessicaNichole

Answer by JessicaNichole at 10:37 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I usually take them out the day before and place it in the sink, It will be so thawed out perfectly to cook.
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 10:37 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Hamburger, I store in the fridge. Steaks, either beef or pork, I fill the kitchen sink with hot water and thaw out quickly. Just be careful not to let the meat stay too long unthawed because of bacteria.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:40 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I *try* and think ahead and take out what I need the day before and put in the fridge, but I'm not always that organized so sometimes I do a quick thaw in a bowl filled with warm water.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 10:45 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I usually put the meat in the sink with water to defrost. I rarely know ahead of time what I will be making, so it's usually a last minute thaw.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 10:59 AM on May. 18, 2009

• fridge, or COLD water.. after working in the food service industry for 20 years and going to school for culinary arts.. I would NEVER thaw in a microwave or warm water.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I thaw my meat in warm water. I try to take the meat out the night before but it dosnt happen often lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Depending on the meal, sometimes I don't thaw the meat. Like with a roast, or whole chicken that I'll bake I take it from the freezer (of course I rinsed it before freezing) put my usual seasonings on it, cover with aluminum foil, and bake it at 200 for about 45min, then turn up to it's regular cooking temp for the remainder of the time. It keeps the meat moist. As for things I'll fry I use cold water rotated every 20-30 min until the meat is fully thawed. You just have to know what you want to cook and how you want to cook it ahead of time. I send meats to the grill partially frozen if i don't want it marinated and stuff.

Nef8eria

Answer by Nef8eria at 1:04 PM on May. 18, 2009