Ex says I need to apologize to his mom!

Ok, to make a long story short, ex So's mother interferred in our relationship, told him a bunch of stuff that wasn't true, so I cut her out of my life. Ex so and I broke up soon after, due to HER. Haven't spoken to her in almost 7 months. She hasn't seen dd in that time either...her choice. I'm not keeping the baby from her, never have. She won't come to my house to see her.

Ex SO says that he loves me and wants to be with me, but I have to apologize to his mom. I asked why I had to apologize? I did nothing wrong. He doesn't feel his mother did anything wrong.

He also says that if we're going to be together again, I have to be friends with his mom.

I love him, but I'm not willing to apologize and be friends with a woman who has done nothing but cause problems. She has never apologized to me and probably never will.

Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:10 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I wouldn't want to be with a man who put his mother before me and his own child. He is an idiot and you are better off without him. I usually don't quote the Bible but there is a famous verse in there about marriage, "And a man shall leave his mother and a woman leave her home." In other words, both have to separate from their former lives and create a new one together. He isn't willing to do this.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 5:57 PM on May. 18, 2009

• If being in a relationship with him is what you want, your so has to understand that his mom has to meet you halfway. If not, then the problems wiill continue with the two of you and land you right back where you are today...He has to take a stand with his mom and let her know that his business is his business...
    mom2mybabes

Answer by mom2mybabes at 11:16 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Don't get back with him. This is a situation that won't ever change.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 11:16 AM on May. 18, 2009

• If he expects you to be friends, then he has to tell his mom the same thing too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:16 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Girl you dont need to apologize and if your SO cant see that she's been causing problems then something wrong with him
    Krystle21

Answer by Krystle21 at 11:17 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Tell him she has to apologize too!!! Tell him everything that you feel that she did wrong if he doesn't see it then you need compromise at some point, and no matter what she needs apologize for some of the things she's done, I can't stand my MIL so I only talk to her when I have too, but I get along with her just because she's my MIL, GL
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:19 AM on May. 18, 2009

• There is no such thing as conditional love. He either loves you or he doesn't. He is hiding behind his mother.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:22 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Tell him sorry but I will not apologized to your mother. Can not be friends with someone who will hurt her son, by taking away his dd and women. You just can't trust someone like that.
    He has to pick and tell him that. Tell him you do love him very much but YOU must come first! He is still a child, not ready for his own family. That is the real problem.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 11:22 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Think about this long and hard. Is he really worth it? My inlaws are awful but my husband would support me. It wasn't always that way at first but the longer we was married the worse they got and finally we just stopped talking to them. Some people never change no matter how nice you are to them.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:24 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Tell Mommas boy to grow a pair. Really. Do not go back and find yourself in the same circle of crap again. Momma needs to back off..and her precious boy needs to tell her that too. Until then..stay away.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:25 AM on May. 18, 2009