Can I make sausage and peppers the day before?

Trying to get some of the work out of the way for a bbq this weekend, will sausage and peppers be as good if I make it the day before? What about deviled eggs? Would they hold overnight? Any other helpful bbq hints would be much appreciated, thanks!

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 11:13 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Food & Drink

• well peppers dont take long so I would have them all cut and ready to go, but do the sausage ahead of time and the peppers right then and there. Not all peppers get soggy unless you overcook.. but reheating them WILL make them soggy for sure. Deviled eggs are actually better the second day! go for it!

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:54 AM on May. 18, 2009

• deviled eggs are always better if done left overnight and stored in an airtight container. Sauage and pepper...gee, I wouldn't the pepper will get soggy and gross.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:21 AM on May. 18, 2009

• aren't the peppers soggy anyway? Mine are always nicely carmelized. i would just cut them and put them in foil and then cook on the grill with the sausage (put onions and garlic in too, with a bit of olive oil. Put Baked beans in the crock opt in the morning but leave the lid a little off on high so they are not soupy.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 11:42 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I would wait on the sausage and peppers and just put them in a slow cooker or nesco roaster in the morning and let them cook all day. Otherwise the peppers get nasty. Deviled eggs would be fine overnight. Make a big pasta salad and leave the dressing for a few hours before serving. Bakes beans can be put in a slow cooker too.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:58 PM on May. 18, 2009