So am I the only one who thought today was memorial day?

Really all weekend Ihave been talking about today being memorial day with everyone I know and not a single person said uh Edna that is next week.

Yesterday my sister and I talked at length about why her daughter was going to school today and we both decided that maybe she was making up the inclement weather day they had and that is why she had to go to school on Memorial day.

It is a good thing William's school called this morning otherwise I would have gone about my day and never realized that today was not Memorial day.

violaswamp

Asked by violaswamp at 11:22 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My daughter thought it was, too. When I mentioned her sisters going back to school today (this was yesterday) she told me that they have the day off for Memorial Day. I told her, "Sweetie, that is another week away." She didn't believe me until she checked it out for herself on the calendar...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:49 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Um, yes, I bet you are the only one, LOL. The good news is now you have a long weekend to still look forward to =)_
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 11:24 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Sorry, but I can't forget when memorial day is. My birthday is generally always a week before it =)
    MythicMMM

Answer by MythicMMM at 11:27 AM on May. 18, 2009

• yep your the only one. du du du
    mb mb mb
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:28 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Yes, I think you are. Actually, my problem was realizing it was coming upon us so quickly. I was thinking it was still a few weeks away. This silly weather we've been having hasn't been making it feel much like the tail end of May.
    jenettyshome

Answer by jenettyshome at 11:41 AM on May. 18, 2009

• lol I would have thought that but my husband told me yesterday that he had to go to work and i know that he gets that day off so i put 2 and 2 togeather lol. But at least you get to look forward to a nice long relaxing weekend. =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:42 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It's funny, isn't it, how the radio commercials are already talking about Memorial Day. I get so confused. I was driving along yesterday listening to the radio talking about Friday sales and Memorial Day sales. I actually had to stop and think about what the date was. It seems like things are so rushed these days.

Where I live we have this big 100 mile yard sale on Memorial Day weekend. I actually put something out at my curb on Friday night. Oh, well, it's there and it will stay until this weekend.

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• No. My husband thought that it was Memorial Day weekend, too, but I corrected him on Friday. I can't forget when it is. My son and his gf have prom Memorial Day weekend so I have this long list of stuff on my brain for this week.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Oh Edna, you have officially outed yourself lol...anyway yes I believe you are one of the few if not the only one who thought today was Memorial Day you silly goose! I wish it were here. I work for a pool installer and all 5 billion customers would like their pools installed before Memorial Day...we are slammed at work and I have the weekend off, I can't wait! Not too mention, we are opening our pool. How did the garden planting go?
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 1:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• The garden is good but I think the one by our kitchen window may not grow : ( Oh well we will see.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 1:17 PM on May. 18, 2009