Advice at 38 weeks

I am 38 weeks pregnant and I do understand that this is all a major strain on the body, however, about a week ago I started having contractions every 5-10 minutes without a lot of pain or production. Now I am finding myself feeling extremely exhausted and practically unable to work. It seemed like a sudden change and the doctor doesn't feel the contractions are a sign of labor. Anyone have advice or experience this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:27 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it is the calm b4 the storm get some rest you will need it to PUSH!
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:30 AM on May. 18, 2009

• rest up. it's prodomal labor and it can last for a couple of weeks before you actually have the baby. Mine started about a week and a half ago.. I will be 40 weeks on wednesday.

just go with the flow, eat healthy and drink plenty of water. Take baths as well, may help relieve the pain/pressure. things are moving along though, and that's good :)
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:57 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Call ur doctor and tell them ur too tired and having discomfort and are unable to work-they will give you leave from work-rest up it sounds like hes coming sooner than you think
    Congrats mama!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:12 PM on May. 18, 2009