Any suggestions on a Science project of "EARTH"?

My 9 year old has to do a 3-D Science project of a planet and he chose Earth.
Any ideas? I have Googled and I haven't really seen anything that would be simple and easy for a 9 year old.

BrendaMomOf3

Asked by BrendaMomOf3 at 11:29 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Tweens (9-12)

• Sorry, mom, this is not your project. Have your 9-year old google earth "science fair". Chances are the school provided resources for choosing a project.
    Again, this is not your project. You may cut and paste. You may proof read. That's it!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:35 AM on May. 18, 2009

• use clay or playdo and bake it in the oven??try a craft store for this kind of play-do.

use that stuff on comercials??
    2mothershelpers

Answer by 2mothershelpers at 11:36 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Mom, these projects are never intended for the child to do. I found this out many years ago when my own son started having science projects
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:37 AM on May. 18, 2009

• To the first poster that replied: There is nothing wrong with helping your child with their project, it is fun for them to have their parent help, not do it for them, but to help them. Lighten up!
    ronjwake

Answer by ronjwake at 11:38 AM on May. 18, 2009

• you could do a volcano but they are overdone unless you do one with a twist., you could do a layout of 7 types of trees and 7 types of animals that derive from each continent. just make sure you type up a small description of the tree and animal.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:41 AM on May. 18, 2009

• google again but this time put in "lesson plan" and grade or "science project"

Answer by admckenzie at 11:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• To ronjwake, I suspect that teachers would disagree with your statement that "these projects are never intended for the child to do"

Answer by rkoloms at 3:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I NEVER said this was MY project! But there is only so much a 9 year old can do!
    I asked for suggestions and if you can't offer any, then don't reply!

Now to the other ones who replied, thanks for the suggestions. BUT, the project has to be EARTH.
    It has to show what Earth looks like. Ya know those solar systems projects you see where kids use those styrofoam balls? Something like that.
    I am fixing to go to Michaels and I'll ask one of the employees there for help.
    Thanks for those that offered advise :)
    BrendaMomOf3

Answer by BrendaMomOf3 at 3:54 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Buy a beach ball at the 99 cent store and let your kid go wild with paper, tape and colored pencils.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 4:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Use a big styrofoam ball and paint it. All you need is a picture of Earth. Oops, have your son paint the ball. LOL!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:34 PM on May. 18, 2009