Curly Top!

My 20 month old has naturally curly hair. Up until this point, it's been pretty wash-and-go. Lately, though the frizz is getting to be a nightmare and her curls just kind of fall limp. I'm not a girly-girl kind of person and I barely even brush my hair every day! I'm looking for advice on products and procedures I should do to maintain my cutie's curly moptop. Anyone else have babies with unruly, curly hair out there? THANKS IN ADVANCE!

(...and I always pick a best answer!)

mommaruth07

Asked by mommaruth07 at 11:38 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Use a detangling shampoo or spray ( I love Suave's kids products for this), then towel dry and don't brush it! Brushing can cause the frizzing. If you need to, use a wide tooth comb. It won't frizz like a brush will. If that still doesn't work, use a tiny, dime size amount of leave in conditioner while the hair is still wet. Hope it works for you! My DD has long curls that this helps with.
    Emmy_Dollface

Answer by Emmy_Dollface at 11:42 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My 23 month old got daddy's curls! I only wash once a week, but I put detangling spray and leave in conditioner in every morning and use a comb, not a brush, to get the snarls out. I also try to pull it up and out of her eyes most the time too.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 11:48 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I had my dd's hair cut into a bob now there pretty much gone excpet for rainy days I have pics on my page you can look at to see how I cut her hair
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My girl is 28 months old and has beautiful curls in the bottom portion of her hair. I was using certain 'natural' shampoos and conditioners but in the last few months her hair has been acting crazy, especially because she's always twirling it and messing with it, even in her sleep, so last week I started 'no-pooing' - I just wash with baking soda and then rinse with apple cider vinegar, and now whenever I go to comb her hair it literally takes me 10 seconds (even in the morning when it used to take forever because I would have to chase her down to comb out the frizz), and her curls are beautiful!! Her hair has never been cut, and is down a few inches past her shoulder when it's dry.
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 1:19 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My daughter is 16months and has beautiful curly hair too. With her- her hair is gorgeous after it gets washed but if 1 go a day with out it washed it looks so messy and gets in her eyes. For the days that I dont have time for baths I carry around a little spray bottle full of water, I get her hair wet and pull it back in little hair bow or if you are able to pull it back in pigtails with rubber bands that looks cute too! It all depends alot on if your little one will keep any of that in her hair. Best of luck!
    Assila

Answer by Assila at 3:58 AM on May. 19, 2009