Could my 2 year old have a vaginal yeast infection?

For the past several days she has been saying her vulva itches, she will stand funny, and I have noticed when I change her diaper she is red.

I know that I have a yeast infection and my mom says that we used to "share them"... Can that really happen?

I have an appointmet for her at 1:30 PM today.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• Sure and two common reasons are..someone with a yeast infection (including athletes feet) changed a diaper without washing hands well first. She has recently been on anitbiotics. There are other reasons the normal flora gets out of balance..but those are the two most common. Yeast infections in diapered girls often leads to UTI's watch her for symptoms of pain and burning on urination, frequency and fever. Hope she feels better soon.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:44 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Anything is possible I suppose. Is there any discharge or stinky smell? Maybe she is having an allergy to the laundry detergent or fabric softener? Maybe she isn't airing out enough, lol?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:43 AM on May. 18, 2009

• There hasn't been order, I let her run around with out a diaper on for at least 1/2 hr a day. She has been wanting to wear "big girl panties" so the last while she worn cotton underwear most of the day. There has been no discharge, I actually think it is a UTI and not a yeast infection... What do you think?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 18, 2009

• My dd used to get them now that shes poty trained she hasnt had one in over a year
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You can try letting her eat some yogurt and drink some cranberry juice 100% juice blend no white sugar that just feeds the bad bacteria.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 2:04 PM on May. 18, 2009