she is just playing with the food when will she learn??? .she is already 19 months

Iam tired of her.when I feed her she does`nt wanna eat.when I give her crackers.she likes it she takes it for sometime and after a while she spits out
she has only eight teeth.should I offer the food the same food at night time 2 cuz I want her 2 sleep at night want her not 2 wake up being hungry .she did that the other day .I am breastfeeding so I had 2 feed her 4 times at night I am tired .plz help me .

asatyal

Asked by asatyal at 11:42 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• my son's 25 years old and he still plays with his food especially when he's home with his buddies!!!! lol. Just give her a little bit at a time and after she doesn't eat it take it away and give her some thing else. She could be like this til shes early elementary or a bit older no lie. Try playing a game asking her what she wants. Give it to her. When she tires ask her what of the others she wants of specific choices all.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Just be sure to offer her a variety of healthy, whole foods: avocado, whole grain bread, tofu, steamed veggies, etc.
    www.superbabyfood.com is a great resource

Answer by rkoloms at 12:03 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My girl was doing that too and sometimes still does that and she is also 19m.o. What has been working is that we sometimes distract her when she eats, like showing her a book/telling her a story and be like wwwooowww/or we call for her cousin's name saying she is going to come and eat her food. It's not easy but when she least realizes it we stick the fork/spoon in her mouth and swallows. Now she just wants to do it on her own. I would get mad at her but then I started encouraging her by saying "Good job using your fork/spoon". It's not easy took me about a month or 2 to get her to stop and she still kinda does it but she remembers when I look at her as she is sticking her fingers in the plate
    chela17

Answer by chela17 at 12:41 PM on May. 18, 2009