Is it normal for your stomach to hurt and get hard?

After i ate thismorning my stomach started to hurt and it got super hard. Its been like that for about 2 hours now. Is it normal for that to happen? Because its all hard i have to sit funny so my ribs dont hurt and thats makeing my back hurt is there anything that i can do to make it stop. I tryed to take a hot shower but it didnt help.

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 11:45 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yes it does mean you can go into preterm again, but hey YOU MADE IT TO WEEK 32 YAY!! you are getting closer by the day. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:53 AM on May. 18, 2009

• The baby could have moved into an uncomfortable position, or it could be lots of gas. It sounded like a braxton hicks contraction until you said it's been that way for 2 hours...
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 11:49 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Have you tried laying down? Your baby might be pressing outwards, or you could have some gas. If it does't go away after a few hours, you need to call your doctor.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:49 AM on May. 18, 2009

• I guess ur pregnant yes- u have minor contractions thro the whole preg. As long as their is no bloody discharge or heavy pain. The belly has to stretch- make room for baby. If it doesnt go away call the doctor and ask them for advice.
    pamom222

Answer by pamom222 at 11:50 AM on May. 18, 2009

• It sounds like gas. Try doing some bends to work the gas out. Lay back and put your hands over your head or stand with them over your head to expand your lungs and waist line. Try eating slower and sitting as straight as possible to avoid extra air intake. If it continues then lay down for awhile on your sides to try and release the gas and if it doesn't stop and is really painful or you notice bleeding call your doctor.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:51 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Sry i didnt say before that im 32 wks and i have been having randome contractions every couple of hours for the past few days. I started going into preterm labor last monday and they gave me a shot to stop the contractions. But could this mean that its going to happen agian? This is my first so im not sure whats going on.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:52 AM on May. 18, 2009

• hey, try playing with baby. tap on your belly and act like you are tickling your baby. try to get him to move around so you can get some comfort. that sounds like it could be your problem. but you should still try to stay off your feet as much as possible. good luck
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 11:52 AM on May. 18, 2009

• And i dont think its gas.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:53 AM on May. 18, 2009

• it sounds like contractions-call ur ob-
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:07 PM on May. 18, 2009