process to start babling

I have 9 months old baby twins...(adjustment age 8 months) and my boy is not babling yet, he coos and makes mmmmmmmmm, and yelling sounds and also raspberries but not babling yet....something wrong? is that normal? i feel a little worried and frustated because i stay the whole day doing baaaa, mammma and more to him and nothing, is that normal? what can i do? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I suggest talking to him and with him as though he is an adult and talking back. He won't understand and you will feel silly, but, when you talk to him and describe everything you are doing in full detail while pausing occasionally for his turn. He will start to "talk" back and eventually it will turn into speech.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 11:54 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Keep trying, he may be a late talker. My nephew did not talk until 11 months. My daughter is 8 months now and only says, mama, baba, dada, ouch, no and ahhh and mmmhhhmm. She waves hi and bye and we are working with her on saying cup and things like that. Don't stress just yet. If he is over a year and still not talking then talk to your doctor.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 11:54 AM on May. 18, 2009

• Give him some time. All babies develop differently. Before you know it he'll be babbling away. Keep talking to him and your doing a good job!!
    cdogdevon

Answer by cdogdevon at 12:34 PM on May. 19, 2009