TOO HARD!!! Calling post colic mommies

Ok - so my son had awful colic for 6 months and is still SO Fussy whiny and he's 1-1/2 years old - I always hear that once the "colic" is done thier kids are completely different -I can't take it - my son whines and crys at least a total of 2-3 hours a day on a good day - it can't be this hard for everyone, right?? I've had him at doctors and they say he's fine - I don't feed into his every whine, I am lovingly strict but I can't take it some days -I wanna run away!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• This is NOT colic. True colic is gone by 20 weeks old.

Has he been evaluated for reflux? My daughter had that in addition to colic. While her non-stop crying eased a good bit at about 17 weeks, she was still VERY fussy and cried a lot until nearly 2. Part of that was reflux. Part was a super sensitivity to all the noise and activity around her too.

I agree, if he still has screaming bouts, try ear plugs. And do your best to make sure he gets plenty of sleep - close to 15 hours a day. Once my daughter started sleeping better around 2 years old, her behavior changed a LOT.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:14 PM on May. 18, 2009

• maybe he has that syndrome where some people are overly sensitive? ask the Dr.
    Hang in there!
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 12:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• With or with out colic presently or in the past baby is just that a baby. And that's what babies and toddlers and preschoolers do because they're not grown up emotionally. Get yourself wireless headphone set and just wear them and let him roam safely and play and swtich toys and still cuddle and care properly as you are for him. My daughter had colic too, my other kids did not. That daughter was definitely more sensitive in babyhood and toddleryears but plus she had other sicknesses too. Remember he's not too able to control his emotions, he's just gotta grow and learn. Wearing something in or over your ears will deaden his screaming activities but still enable you to hear him.
    Anonymous

• I know the colic part stopped the day he turned 5 months old but almost everyone I have ever talked to who's kid was colicky, they seemed to change dramatically - and the only way I knew his colic was done was the fact that his crying bouts were somewhat distractable - they gave him meds at 3 months for reflux but it didn't seem to change and he was never a puker either - which I am learning now doesn't mean reflux isn't there - but I asked the doctor to test him for it and they said it was too traumatic on their system, especially if he didn't spit up and to keep trying different meds for it and none of them worked - About the sleep - he has always hated sleeping - I swear - I asked for a sleep study but since he slept 9 hours, it wasn't cause for concern - only if its under 8 hours will they do it?? now this is going through 4 different Pedietricians.. I am just at a total loss-
    Anonymous