When your baby started sitting up, did he just decide to sit up one day, or ease into it by practicing sitting supported?

My son can sit supported and I don't know when he's gonna sit up. He's 5 months on the 22nd

Butterflysky_24

Asked by Butterflysky_24 at 12:03 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• My daughter sat unsupported at 3 months. WE bought a bumbo chair and she used it 3 times and then did it on her own. Work with him, put him on a ball and make him use his back to pull himself up. Lots of tummy time and working with him. Our daughter is 8 months now and our friends son is 7 and he doesn't sit or roll or anything yet.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My dd just suddenly did it one day. Shortly before she was 5 months.

We also had a bumbo, and she used it for a couple weeks, I think that helped. They are kind of pricey, especially for how long you use them for. See if you can borrow one from a friend, or check out craigslist!
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 12:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I used a laudry basket, put a pillow behind her and toys in front it was kinda gradual till they just get it and can do it.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:08 PM on May. 18, 2009