WOW...bit of a shock...happen to you?

First ultrasound we were told the baby was a girl....today had our second ultrasound, and for the past 4 months to us the baby was a girl...now the baby has testies....lol ITS A BOY!!!! lol im sorta in the like "whoa, wow" stage....lol....our baby shower is in less then 2 weeks, and now we have to redo/update our baby registry and call everyone and tell them about the gender change.....happen to anyone else?

CJK_2009

Asked by CJK_2009 at 12:06 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

Level 1 (-2 Credits)
  • I've been told that Utrasounds are not 100% accurate
    Mommy2Be1212009

Answer by Mommy2Be1212009 at 12:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Well you must have had it done to early. They tell you usually before 20 weeks it is not 100%. Even after 20 weeks it can be wrong but less likely as each baby develops differently. It hasn't happened to me and I would be in shock as well.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 12:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• happened to me-I cried my eyes out! I wanted a girl sooooo bad- It was funny though it was like pressing ur lips on a window thats how clear his testies and winkey was-it was like I got winkey slapped-
    we caught it kinda early though thank god-Now my Masy is a Mason Lol
    Anonymous

• That just happened to my husbands cousin and his wife. They were told at 5 months that it was a girl, she got rid of ALL her older sons clothes and bought all girl stuff. She washed everything, has the nursery ready. She started having complications towards the end of her pregnancy and when they did an ultrasound, they said your having a boy right. They said no its a girl., the ultrasound tech said Nope its a boy, I dont know how they missed that on the last ultrasound. They were kind of upset, but they now have a healthy 6 month old little boy!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 12:11 PM on May. 18, 2009

• This is one of the reasons we chose to NOT find out. but with my 2nd I was in the hospital with preterm labor and the kept doing ultrasounds every day. I finally said just tell me! at 31 weeks they told me "definitely a girl". At 34 weeks I delivered a healthy baby boy! I laughed when they held him up.
    maggiemom2000

Answer by maggiemom2000 at 12:15 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Only birth is one hundred percent sure of sex!!!! you're not the only one this has happened to. Just tell the invitees that the ultrasound could be wrong after and to leave tags on for exchange. And usually givers do that in case of duplicates. It will be a good laugh for every one, turn it into a game at the shower to write in your memory book about how many moms were told correctly -bet a lot were told wrong!
    Anonymous

• My mom was told that i was a boy and i came out a girl lol. But hey it can happen...
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 12:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I had 5 ultrasounds with my 17yo (high risk pregnancy because my baby before my 17yo was stillborn, she died inutero). Every single one showed that we were having a girl so we had all pink stuff, the nursery was done in pink, etc. and then HE was born. Nope, not a girl.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• At least you found out BEFORE your baby shower. You must have had your first sono very early on. Plus, they are not always 100% accurate anyway...but you have a higher accuracy rate past 20-22 weeks. On both my pregnancies I didn't get a sono saying the sex of the baby until I was 25 weeks along.
    Anonymous

• well my first one was when i was 20 weeks
    CJK_2009

Answer by CJK_2009 at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2009