If it were your daughter....

If your daughter was pregnant and it was certain that there is no way the fetus could survive outside the womb, and that she would most likely die if she were to continue her pregnancy would you want her to have access to a safe, legal abortion? Or would you want her to risk her own life? Even if by the slimmest possibility she lived, would you want her to deal with giving birth to a stillborn baby or a baby who would certainly die within hours of it's birth? If she was a teenager you'd put her through that emotional trauma? What if she were an adult and she already had one or more children to take care of? Would you want her to risk her own life and possibly leave your live grandchildren orphans?

feministmama

Asked by feministmama at 12:19 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Not not only would I kill the baby, but I'd saute the remains in some olive oil and rosemary and serve it up for dinner. That's what us crazy, pro-choice people do, you know.

shesajar

Answer by shesajar at 4:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Legal and safe, the alternative is a nightmare.

There are also genetic diseases such as Tay-Sacs......where sometimes its the most humane alternative

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:22 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I believe in miracles and would hope and pray for the best for both. And if she died, her children wouldn't be orphans b/c I'd take them!
    Anonymous

• Legal and safe.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 12:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't think people truly know how they would feel or react until it actually happens to them.
    Grandmarga

Answer by Grandmarga at 12:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I believe abortion is okay in this instance.
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 12:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Even if by the slimmest possibility she lived, would you want her to deal with giving birth to a stillborn baby or a baby who would certainly die within hours of it's birth?

Um, wouldn't she be dealing with the death of a child anyway? Would you want her to live with the fact she not only mutilated her unborn child, but also killed it?

Anonymous

• I would stand by here choice. I would help her make the best decision for her based on facts and being educated on the subject. I would hold her and cry with her what ever choice she made.
    fireball1978

Answer by fireball1978 at 12:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• this is one example I would agree to an abortion. if it were certain that i would die if i carried the baby to term or it was certain that the baby had no chance of survival, then yes I would have an abortion..I would do the same if my daughter was in the same situation...
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:25 PM on May. 18, 2009

• A friend of ours was in this particular situation. She is a young woman of 24 with a serious disease that she will likely die from it in the next year or the next 10 years. Preg. was not an option for her, but she had unprotected sex and became preg.

She delivered a beautiful baby boy, and would not have made any diff. choice. The baby is wonderful, and if his mother does not survive, he will be completely loved and cared for. There was anger on her part for allowing herself to get preg. She knew the dangers.

She also believes that life is precious and this baby came bc of a reason.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 12:28 PM on May. 18, 2009