Does your little GIRL love construction trucks and motorcycles?

Mine does!
My husband had noticed that as he rides by on a motorcycle, all the little boys turn to watch but the little girls pay no attention. He's noticed the same thing when a truck hauling a bulldozer goes by - the little boys in the cars around him are staring at it, the little girls aren't.
But our little girl can spot a motorcycle or bulldozer from blocks away. Happily shrieking her delight and telling me all about it, demanding to go see it if at all possible.

Anyone else have a daughter entranced by these things?

kaycee14

Asked by kaycee14 at 12:25 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I call my daughter...

my spray and wash girl...

she is always dirty, loves to play in the mud, rain, will play with trucks,

I say you can put her in a dress and she looks beautiful....but she is my little tomboy!!
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 12:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my daughter loves cars, trucks, bulldozers, tractors, everything boy..but she loves her dolls too. when my kids hear a motorcycle go by they both, My son and daughter, do the motorcycle noise and pretend they are riding it with their arms up in the air..it is so cute.
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my SD (almost 3 years old) has caught my love of motorcycles, big trucks, and classic cars! if a motorcycle drives by, she yells "yay! a harley!". and she can point out a trans am in any parking lot! gotta love it!
    mama_moonsong

Answer by mama_moonsong at 12:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• When my daughter was little, she had a collection of box cars that she played with every day.
    BlueSaphire

Answer by BlueSaphire at 12:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My dd3 LOVES dressing up and being girly but her FAVORITE thing to play with outside is mud....she LOVES big trucks, (cement trucks and dump trucks are her favorites) tractors are also a big thrill for her. lol She plays Transformers and trucks, planes and cars with my ss5. She really is a little tomboy but cleans up pretty well when need be! She's the best of both worlds.
    mommabear2008

Answer by mommabear2008 at 12:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I Loved Cars & Trucks Growing up!! My Daughters did too! I grew into A Big Motor Head Car Lover! Most people think I Look like A Barbie! But I Love Cars! So did my Girls!! I think its Great! Now I have Grandsons that Love Everything!
    Angellinda

Answer by Angellinda at 1:24 PM on May. 18, 2009

• She did when she was little. She's 14 now, so now it's every shiny car that passes her by. :O) I was never interested in real cars and trucks as a kid, but I loved my Matchbox and Hotwheels cars, and I always wanted one of those Tonka dumptrucks so bad I could taste it. The Christmas I was pregnant with my first, there was one of those under the tree for the baby, and at that time we had no idea what the baby was going to be -- but it was going to have that truck!!!!!

I had a fair-sized collection of Transformers in college, too.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 1:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My three-year-old, Liv, is very physical. So, she is interested in four wheelers, bikes, motorcycles, anything physical or that would give one a thrill. She seems to like adreneline. I am NOT an adreneline junkie in any way, so I have to temper my fears with her curiosity.
    kara_g.

Answer by kara_g. at 2:41 PM on May. 18, 2009

• hehe yep.
    she likes fire trucks
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:41 PM on May. 18, 2009

• When I was little my GP went out and bought a doll and dress for me for Christmas. He then asked want I wanted and I told him aa dump truck. He just laughed and that's what I got. My neice plays with cars and trucks all the time. She puts her baby's in them. My sister has to wsh the dolls all the time becuase she pretends they are artifacts and barries them with the trucks.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 4:07 PM on May. 18, 2009