I'm desparate for work...plz help

What can I do? It seems like no place is hiring. Please don't suggest the work at home stuff and ranting about how bad the economy is bad. I know that. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm sorry you are having such a rough time. It is difficult for us here, too.
    Most large national retail stores hire regularly, so they would be your best bet. They may not hire you full time because they don't want to dish out the benefits, but they may possibly offer you almost as many hours as a full timer.
    Stores like Walmart, Target, Kmart, JCPenney, Sears, etc. are good ones to begin with. Also, if you are available all night long, most stores love to hire replenishers to work in the stores from the time they close until they open so that the store looks fresh for the customers first thing in the morning. I know replenishers make pretty good pay above the daytime workers.
    I wish you all the best!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:26 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Have you tried Walmart, or one of the local fast food places or any restaraunt for that matter? What about Target? Is there anyway you could get like a fork lift certification or some quick certification that will make you a more valuable employee? If I was super desperate for work, I would flip burgers if I had to!
    mommystiebler

Answer by mommystiebler at 12:50 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Did you try the unemployment office?
    momandvet

Answer by momandvet at 12:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I've done fast food. Hate it for reasons. I have something wrong with me where I can't work real fast.
    Anonymous

• Temp agency? my husband couldnt find a job. so he went thru one of those. worked out for us. it was something
    KCsMom08

Answer by KCsMom08 at 1:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• WalMart is usually very good about placing people in their different departments so if you can't work that fast they can put you somewhere where you don't have to move fast.

I would also try Target or a grocery store, they would do the same thing.
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 1:12 PM on May. 18, 2009

• babysit,cut grass,yard sale,wash cars,sew clothes,arrange flowers,pet sit,sit with elderly?
    Anonymous