Do you know anyone who had gastric bypass surgery and is now seriously ill?

I have 2 people in my family that had it. One was a few years ago, and the other more recently. They are both seriously ill and the doctors can't find out what's wrong.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:50 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• My brother in law had two gastric by passes. The first one didn't take and had to be redone. The second killed him slowly. He did lose a lot of weight though.
    lilangilyn

Answer by lilangilyn at 5:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I had my surgery done 9 months ago and I haven't had any problems. Both of my parents also have done it and they don't experience anything either. I know I have heard of it happening but I don't know anyone myself. Sorry.
    Anonymous

• my brothers friend died after he had it.
    But my aunt had it done and looks great!!
    aubrees_mommie

Answer by aubrees_mommie at 1:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My mother in law had it done and is working her way back to her old weight, so in my opinion that is sick, she had high cholesterol, high blood pressure and other things before, so I think they are sure to return~

Most people replace one addiction with another one. If they had a "food addiction" to begin with!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 1:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my mom had it done in '82 and didin't develop any problems until around the late 90's, she the had some stomach issues and had surgary then died a year later. In 2000.
    so you can go problem free for a very long time then old age sets in and things change
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:11 PM on May. 18, 2009