What is a Rhumatiod factor?

My doctor just called and told me that I tested positive for a Rhumatiod Factor and to come in and do lab work. What does that mean?
The last time I was there just a about a week ago she said I may have graves disease beecause of my thyroid. I'm very confused about what is happening with me.

SillyMama829

Asked by SillyMama829 at 12:56 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• Well I'm not sure, but a rhumatoid factor sounds like it would put you at risk for having rhumatoid athritis and conditions that carry that condition along with it. Good luck and let us know what he finds out!
    momofkearra

Answer by momofkearra at 1:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• http://arthritis.about.com/od/radiagnosis/a/rheumfactor.htm

Answer by admckenzie at 1:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i know what the rh factor is ...is it the same thig?i have never heard of it named that wayand all it took was a blood test to see if i had it.if it is i can tell you.
    raineydays377

Answer by raineydays377 at 1:05 PM on May. 18, 2009