having your first child at 66!?

would you ever do this? WHY would she do this?
front page on yahoo.com
whats the oldest youd have a child?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:57 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• for me.... my last baby was born when I was 31. I just turned 35, and feel that I am now too old to be having any more.
    VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 12:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i was 35. But who should care? Girls have babies at 14. Too young I think, but when did 66 begin to be almost dead? LOL
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:06 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I just watched the yahoo video from the today show and they interviewed a 57 year old mom who had twins and I'm not a very sentimentaly person always but boy did she seem happy. So I think that any age is okay if you feel you can do it.
    Abee22

Answer by Abee22 at 1:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think that the decision to have a child is personal. My mother just had a child and she is 41. I'm expecting my first child and I'm 21. I think that as society we try to make other poeples decisions for them. Freedom of choice.
    Liamsmom09

Answer by Liamsmom09 at 1:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'm 41 and I have incredible desire to have a child. Right now my life is very dedicated to my work (like it has been throughout my life). I have a daughter who is seventeen, but I had to work throughout her childhood. I am deeply in love with a man, who's nine years my senior, who wants a son. I really want to have a child with this man. I have been told to get a small dog. I have a dog. A child is what I really really want. I want to get the IVF later on. It's a fever and the love I have for a man. Can't explain it.
    Anonymous

• I see nothing wrong with it. How many grandparents this woman's age are raising grandchildren dumped off on them by their teen children or 20 something children. If they are good enough to raise grand kids why not have more of their own. Good for this woman. She waited until she was ready. Wished more people would do that. We would have a lot less unwanted kids and a lot less welfare cases.

Anonymous

• thats crazy... she wont be able to run around and keep up with the baby as they grow... how about all the risks involved with a pregnancy that late in age... no way not me... i hope to be a g-ma by then!!
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 1:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Anon 1:09 GO FOR IT! If someone can afford it and has a good support system in place of money and friends and family there is no reason why it's wrong to want to do it over again and do it differently. Maybe this time around you'll have more time to spend with this child or maybe even not work at all depends on your financial situation (at least until they go into school) Ya for mommy love.
    Abee22

Answer by Abee22 at 1:17 PM on May. 18, 2009

• thats crazy... she wont be able to run around and keep up with the baby as they grow... how about all the risks involved with a pregnancy that late in age...

Her body her choice right?
    Anonymous

• I loved having my first three babies at a young age. I think God meant it that way. At the same time, how old was Sarah in the Bible? LOL like 90 or something? LOL

We teased my mom when she and my dad got preg. with my baby brother. I was married, had my first child; my older brother was grad. that summer from the university, and my younger sister was grad. from high school and getting married later. She thot she was going thru the change and didn't use BC. She got preg.

Both my parents were delighted, once they got over the shock and now I have the most incrediable baby brother in the world who incidently just sold several of his bands songs to two shows in hollywood "Kyle XY" and one other popular show. LOL I don't watch much mainstream tv.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 1:30 PM on May. 18, 2009