How long does it take for your milk to dry up

I weaned my 17 month old son about 3 weeks ago. The last couple of days my breast have been engorged and leaking. How long untill my milk dries up???

momma-meg

Asked by momma-meg at 1:00 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• a few weeks to a few years.....

My son weaned 3 years ago and I still have milk. Though it isn't much, I can still express a little. I think I am more the exception rather than the norm though.

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 1:02 PM on May. 18, 2009

• It took months for me and I can still express a few drops.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:43 PM on May. 18, 2009

• My son was 2 1/2 when he desided that he no longer wanted it.it took a few months before the milk wasn't coming in so much.then it all,but almost went away.I could still get some to come out. Now I have a 16 month old and am trying to wean her.It's not working though.It all depends on your body.Take a hot shower and let the milk out before you get mastitus.I've had it and it hurts bad.
    elly25

Answer by elly25 at 12:21 AM on May. 22, 2009