Do you eat organic foods and buy organic cleaning products? If not, why?

If so, do you use organic diapers and lease give reasons why or why not. Thanks : )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I would so buy organic everything if I could afford it. I do what I can within my means like buy local roadside produce when it's in season. (Like tomatoes, onions, greenpeppers, strawberries, etc) I also recycle and try to buy things in less packaging so I don't throw away so much. That said, Sadly most oragic cleanser cost 1-2-3+ more dollars than regular cleaner and when your broke, every dollar helps.
    Abee22

Answer by Abee22 at 1:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I would love to eat all organic, but times are tough...when the price is comparable I will always choose organic, but these days I can't afford to pay more for it. I do make my own cleaners and buy environmentally friendly when I can't make it myself. Those I stock up on when on sale.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:22 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I can't afford to do all organic but some things that I buy are only in organic so that makes it easy. If prices are comparable I will choose organic over regular any day. I do cloth diapers most of the time but we do disposables at night because she pees a lot!
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 1:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i buy organic, foods i buy from farmers market and all that, its cheaper and healthier, and i use organic cleaning products, mainly baking soda mixed with water and i use vinegar as well. . . cheaper and i think it cleans way better. meats though i get from the grocery store, i get 100% all natural and read everything on the package to make sure its all natural......i find it cheaper and if you buy from farmers markets all that money goes back to the farmers who work their butts off growing and harvesting food for us to eat and i feel better about that.
    Anonymous

• I don't, just because *shrug* Maybe I just don't know all that much about it.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:18 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I am curious. The person that posted this is Anon and so is one of the responces. The OP says they used cloth diapers, which is good and the other Anon poster has the means to obviously go totally organic, which is absolutely amazing. I'm curious as to why you would go anon? It's not embarrasing or anything to go organic so why?
    Abee22

Answer by Abee22 at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I do organic when I can. I won't spend more money on it just because it says organic though.
    We get all our meat from my inlaws and their cattle is raised purely on grain, and vegetables we get from in laws or my grandparents. I have recently started cleaning with vinegar and water also. I recycle my pop cans. I am trying to help in ways that I can. I think the home grown food is healthier for my family.
    tuesday10

Answer by tuesday10 at 2:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• No, I do not.
    They are too expensive and I have a tight budget.
    During the summer I do buy our produce from local farmer's markets, though.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:19 PM on May. 18, 2009