Has any one tried Bioidentcal Hormone Pellets?

I'm going through menopause and I have it pretty bad. I heard about bio- identical hormone pellets and there's good and bad reviews about it. Has anyone tried it and if so what do you think about it. Does it work? Thank you in advance for any input.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Health

• Theres a doc close by me that does the pellets. I want to see him so badly but he doesnt take insurance. I would have to come out of pocket the five hundred something bucks to get it done, then file with the insurance on my own. I simply cannot afford it....But I have taken bio identical hormones before in capsules. They are compounded at the pharmacy based on what the doc prescribes. I loved it. Its so much better than taking birth control or HRT. Its better for you too. The problem is finding a doc who knows how to prescribe them. I took estrogen, progesterone, dhea and testosterone. I found that I felt so much better than I ever felt on bc pills. I still have hormonal imbalances and since my last child, its gotten worse. I say go for it if you can do it.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 1:19 PM on May. 23, 2009