how did u tell your SO and/or family you were pregnant?

me and my SO got in a fight so i went to a friends house and he was so mad that he called my parents and told them i was pregnant. not quite the way i wanted to tell them but it saved me the hassle of having to sit them down and tell them. haha.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:17 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lol! my bf kept saying he was going to do that too!! lol -- urs actually did it ,so im lucky ur guy isnt mine lol...anyyway...me and my bf went to his dads one weekend while his dad and uncle were having a few beers and i felt sick and his dad came out and said "she pregnant?" lol my bf went "yea..." (like a normal yea , like wen someone asks u if ur going to the mall! lol) than his uncle and his gf came in in the middle,and his dad said u wanna hear the news? and his uncles gf was like i think we already did!!! and his uncle was still lost , he was too busy watchin the game! lol ...

my bf's mom : um he texted her (She works alot and is never availiable when we called),she was mad for like 2 months ... than txtd back 2 months later and talked to him ...
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:22 PM on May. 18, 2009

• For my first, my husband and I worked in the same office. I called him into the supply room and told him. We didn't tell anybody for 3 months, wanting to make sure things were coming along as they should, then we invited ourselves over for lunch and told them when the meal was over. I don't even remember how I told my husband for the second. LOL!

Answer by Bmat at 1:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my parents live far away, so I had to call them. mom was pissed and told me it was a mistake and to have an abortion (I was 27 at the time, graduated from college in '03, had a good job, in her eyes I was still too young and clueless I guess). i called dad and he laughed with glee the whole time and said "I'M GONNA BE AN OPA!". SO's parents already have 3 grandkids, so they werent super excited. So told them "you're gonna be a grandparent again!!" they responded...."oh yeah? *followed by emotionless expression* but they are weird like that.
    Anonymous

• oh and for the 1st ... my dads gf KNEW so she , told my sis (who also knew) and said we need to tell my dad ... so we sat down to dinner (i was in highschool and living at home at the time) , i had a suitcase packed,and my coat and shoes on! lol ... my sister told him cuz i kept like hyperventalating! ... we told my (than) bf's mom : my dad and i sat on the couch and he told her ... she yelled at ME instead of both me and HER SON! -- bitch! lol
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 1:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• anon 127 here! forgot to add how i told SO. I took a test and one of my roommates was the first to find out. he had a feeling for weeks someone in the house was pregnant. SO came home from work, I ran out with the test in my hand and told him we're having a baby. his reaction was WOOOOPS lol but said in a playful excited way of course =)
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 1:29 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my so told me, i took a test and was super nervous to look at it so he did it and came out with a huge smile on his face, and i knew it was a positive. my mom asked why i stopped hanging out with all my old friends who were all into smoking pot and i told her that way and she told the rest of my family. and we told my hubbys mom that day we found out cause she came over and he told her.....i was 19 and thought everyone would have something bad to say but everyone was very supportive and said if i was ready then go for it. and i was, i have a beautiful little girl who i am so proud of and so proud to say she is mine...i love her dearly more than words can explain.
    Anonymous

• I called my dad and when he answerd the phone i said hey grandpa! He was happy for my but he said that im not suposed to get pregnant till his 50. he thinks hes to young to be a grandpa lol. I did the same thing with my mom and she almost made me loose my hearing from screaming how happy she was into the phone. I wish i was back home at the time i found out so i could tell them in person but oh well it happens.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:44 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Apparently everyone knew before I did. 2 weeks before took a test, everyone kept telling me I had a glow. Glow? WTF you talking about? My sweaty grimey glow? Much of a surprise since I was just told by DRs 5 months prior that I would not be able to have kids. I was told my chances were slim and none, and slim just left town.

When I finally peed on the stick, I was in awe myself. I was going to plan a way to tell DH, but he walked in the house as soon as I got out the bathroom. He looked at the stick in my hand and said "No way"!

I took a picture with my phone and sent it to my parents, but of course, they both called wondering what the heck was in the picture that they couldn't see. My mom screamed with excitement, causing me to loose hearing for a bit, then hung up to call family. My dad said "good, I need someone to play with around here."
    momtotrips

Answer by momtotrips at 2:08 PM on May. 18, 2009

• for my first i could no longer get my pants up from taking the test and both lines were already forming so i go out of the bathroom and tell him "i dont think we are gonna have to wait 3 min on this test" he said what do you mean so i tell him to go look! he didnt think he could have kids and with him being 28 at the time he was shocked! with the second i told him to go look at it himself!
    KimberlyAnn85

Answer by KimberlyAnn85 at 2:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• With my 1st I just called and told my mom and she was happy, she told everyone else. My SO at the time (who is the baby's father) was with me when I took the test and he ran it down stairs to his Dad's house and showed them.

With my 2nd I was a little scared to tell my Mom cause my DD was only 6 months old and I thought she might be mad. I planned to tell her one day when she came to pick my daughter up and take her shopping but I lost my nerve so as soon as I knew she would be a few blocks away I text her "oh by the way...I forgot to tell you when you were here...Im pregnant again" she txt me back "congrats" With this one I took my test at work with a friend who bought me a test on her lunch break cause she was dying to know and we took a pic with my phone and sent it to my SO. He was really excited.
    Vsoul0608

Answer by Vsoul0608 at 11:46 PM on May. 18, 2009