Please Read: Have you ever heard of...

Have you ever heard of ear drops that will "numb" a babies ears. In this situation I am talking about using them for an upcoming plane ride. A friend got them from her pediatrician for her son but I can not find anyone else who has heard of them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• There are prescription antibiotics that have a soothing affect on an ear infection however they should not be used prophylactically. I have traveled years on planes with my babies and not all of them experience problems. When they do it is due to pressure changing in the cabin and that will only happen upon take off and landing. That will be for a very short time but can seem long to a mom with a screaming baby. Remember most people that fly are use to babies fussing at this time and are very sympathetic. Sucking on a bottle or pacifier helps, bring two clean wash cloths and ask the flight attendant to put very warm water on them and squeeze them out. Hold those over babies ears and it is very soothing for that very short time.

Shirgrace

Answer by Shirgrace at 1:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• We have them here in Germany and they are over the counter. if you are worried baout the plane ride most kids are fine. Just give a bottle or nurse on take of and landing or when they get fussy it will be ok.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:03 PM on May. 18, 2009