21 month old won't eat, only takes bottle & crackers. How to get her to eat?

Right now I'm taking care of my niece for a month since my sister had surgery. Well, all my sister ever gives her is a bottle of milk/juice, and crackers to eat. She's very skinny. I want to get her to start eating regular foods but she refuses to. Does anyone have any tips?

BabyLyons

Asked by BabyLyons at 1:20 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Sit her in a high chair and put a few chunks of avocado on the tray while you are eating. And encourage her to pick them up and put them in her mouth or gnaw on them. Then try chunks of soft baked sweet potato. Continue or try otherfoods and keep encouraging, she will soon try them.
    BradenIsMySon

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 1:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Take the bottle away she needs a cup. Give her food befor any drinks and only small sips.
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 1:47 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I would give her pediasure or the generic for it... Then try the toddler foods they sell at the store they are bland and for some reason kids like them! But I would deffinatly atleast put her on pediasure because that sometimes will jump start a kids appetite while providing the vitamins and extra calories in the mean time!!
    Kelsey2008

Answer by Kelsey2008 at 2:11 AM on May. 19, 2009