How to get rid of those "trash bugs"??

I'm not sure what they're really called. We were out for a few days and came back to find those tiny flying things all over our smelly trash can. I've SUPER cleaned the whole house and taken out all open traces of food and garbage. But now they're just hanging around on my walls and cabinets. I've sprayed lysol everywhere. How do I kill or make them go away??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Home & Garden

• their fruit flies.... jsut kep the house super clean and in a few days they will die... or they make a spray for them.. its safe to use inside.. jsut dont spray directly on food or plates....
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 1:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Are they fruit flies? If so: http://fruitflytraps.com/hometrap.htm

Answer by rkoloms at 1:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• fly trap?
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I had a problem with them out of the blue for no reason once. I cleaned, and cleaned, and cleaned, but they still swarmed! I went to use a loaf of bread and they had found their way inside and had taken over the whole loaf. The bag was sealed, so I don't know how they found their way in. From then on, I kept all food, even sealed, in the fridge.
    I finally got angry and started spraying them in the air with bug spray. I think it was bee & hornet spray because that is what we had on hand. Worked like a charm.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:33 AM on May. 19, 2009

• that tape you hang from the ceiling
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:41 AM on May. 21, 2009