Dog Urine

Everywhere my dog pees it burns out the grass. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to prevent this. I have tried Naturvet grass saver pills, but they do not seem to be working.

KathMW

Asked by KathMW at 1:32 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pets

• Keep a hose near by and rinse the yard. Keep your dog hydrated as well and sometimes changing their food will help.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 1:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have considered creating a potty station in the yard. Like putting in a pole with sand around it or something that doesn't look too bad. Dogs really will go back to the same place b/c they want to pee over another dogs urine and I believe their own as well.

Also, I found a product that is supposed to be like dog urine that you spray. I thot about spraying it on that pole to make mine start going there. I don't know....
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 4:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• We had this yellow stake that was supposed to emit a hormone of some sort... we took our dog out on a leash and tried to get her to potty around it. It seemed to work for a while!
    mevxoxo

Answer by mevxoxo at 3:00 PM on May. 19, 2009