How old is to old

Would you have a baby at 66? I saw on yahoo that a woman thats 66 is pregnant do you think thats to old? How old is to old?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think thats to old.I dont want any kids after im 35 the latest! But thats just me =)
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't want to have kids after 35, but it's a miracle for a 66 year old woman to be pregnant.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 1:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think that is to to old. IMO the kids are the ones that are going to suffer. I women should not have kids after her 40s. (NO offense to older mommies)
    Jamie8788

Answer by Jamie8788 at 1:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I personally would not have a baby at 66, for me, I'd say 40-41 would be the oldest *I* would have a baby, but I can't make that decision for anyone else. If she is going to have a healthy baby and it is wanted and can be cared for, I don't see a giant issue with it. No one cares how old the father is in these situaitons.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 1:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'd rather see a 66 year old have a baby than a young teenager, say 16 and under.
    Anonymous

• Its sad because how long will that mother have with her child? Can her body really handle it? I don't believe the older female body should be subjected to that and for moral reasons shouldn't either.
    Anonymous

• I think it's too old. I don't want to have anymore children after 30. I don't think after 30 is too old. I just had my first and only want 2 and really don't want that big of an age gap between them :). I'm 24 right now.
    vicki136

Answer by vicki136 at 1:47 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think that she is an intelligent and professional woman who can make arrangements for who will take care of her children in the event of her death. Also, if you are younger, there are no warranties that you will live enough to see your children grow. I rather see a mature woman having children then a clueless child having other children. In my opinion she is the only one who can decided how old is too old, we can't tell a 15 year old girl you are too young to have children, why can we tell a 66 year old you are too old to have children? I rule for her, wish her well and think that motherhood is a noble thing regardless of age.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think it would be sad for the child to grow up without a Mother.. At 66 the chances of serious illness rise... Personally I wouldn't, my baby days are over and I'm 36. It would be hard to know in the back of my mind that I might not live to see graduation, marriage, their first baby etc.. JMO
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 3:14 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think if God allows a woman's body to carry and nourish a baby because her eggs are still strong and productive, then there is no age limit.
    Who are we, as a society, to dictate how old is too old for anyone to give birth to a child and raise them?
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 3:15 PM on May. 18, 2009