How do you wake up your children?

Hello ladies i have this problem that has been going on forever and i cant take it no more my 15yr.old daughter gives me the hardest time waking up and i don't have any more ideas please help me ! thanx

libraNgemini

Asked by libraNgemini at 1:51 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Fog horn! thats what my mom did with me. That was the only way i would get out of bed.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 1:53 PM on May. 18, 2009

• we would get the covers pulled off and cold water in the face. that'll wake anyone up!
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 1:54 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Well my mom and aunt blast the radio of songs they liked that drove us crazy and we always woke up.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 1:55 PM on May. 18, 2009

• At 15 I was responsible for getting myself up and ready for school. My mom had 4 kids and worked a full-time job and didn't have time to coddle me and my brother and get us up in the mornings. Not only did we have to get ourselves up but we had to help with our younger brothers too.
    Anonymous

• My teen has to get herself up & off to school. For a while she had a hard time & was over sleeping so I made her set a second alarm clock that was placed across the room from her bed so she had to get up to turn it off. With her it didn't seem to matter if she went to sleep early or late, like me, she just isn't a morning person so it is a struggle for her. The two alarm clocks worked though & she almost never oversleeps now.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 2:00 PM on May. 18, 2009

• A GOOD MORNING SUNSHINE! AND IF THAT DIDN'T WORK, I WOULD COME BACK WITH A WATER GUN AND SPRAY AWAY!!!!!

Answer by older at 2:01 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I jump on there beds, singing at the top of my lungs... WAKE UP, WAKE UP ITS TIME TO PUT ON SOME MAKEUP! not really though cuz they are young ones.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 2:20 PM on May. 18, 2009

• A 15 year old is old enough to get up by themself every morning. I agree with nysa00 that a second alarm clock is a good method.
    It also depends on WHY she is oversleeping. Is it just because she isn't a morning person, or is it because she doesn't want to go to school? If it's just because she doesn't want to go to school, perhaps a call to the truancy officer is in order...
    emslala

Answer by emslala at 2:41 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Are you kidding? By age 10, my daughter was waking herself up with her own alarm clock. If she is late to school, this is her problem. You need to start cutting the apron strings.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:19 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I open the door and knock on the wall right next to the door. I don't like being bothered first thing in the morning so I don't bother the kids. I wake them and I leave.
    They do have alarm clocks that gradually brighten a room to daylight level so that your child will wake "naturally". You might give those a try.
    mlregalado

Answer by mlregalado at 3:23 PM on May. 18, 2009