my son got bit by some insect and the area is swelling and there is a small white bump on the area i've put a wet cloth on it and he does not have any other symptoms just pain should i go to the er or just the dr??

alichapa

Asked by alichapa at 2:18 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Kids' Health

• No. if he does not have a fever or anything then its probably just a bad bite. If you notice the area getting larger, having any fluids leaking out or its warm then it could be infected then you would go.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 2:19 PM on May. 18, 2009

• it does have a big bump and is white on the top!
    alichapa

Answer by alichapa at 2:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• just keep an eye on it....

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 2:26 PM on May. 18, 2009

• is it getting bigger or staying the same? I would just watch it you can draw a circle around it and see if it gets bigger. It should go away. If not in a day or so then see a dr
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 3:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• try putting a baking soda paste on it. If it starts swelling you can also do benadryl if you feel comfortable (although I don't know how old your son is). My daughter got bit by ants on Friday afternoon, but the bites didn't show up until Saturday afternoon, and then all of a sudden her foot swelled up real large. It wasn't bothering her but I put some baking soda on the bites and also some other bug bite medicine and the swelling finally went down the next day. Just keep an eye on the bite, and him, and hopefully it goes away quickly!
    DreaKevAiyana

Answer by DreaKevAiyana at 7:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• thank you everyone we went to the er and they gave him a scrip!!!
    alichapa

Answer by alichapa at 9:47 PM on May. 18, 2009