66yr old woman 8months preg. ethical? u tell...

soooo...
this is really No one's buisness except the woman herself and her child.. I just watched a news broadcast on the story and was curious what everyone' may have of thought? I couldnt imagine going through morning sickness at the age of 66 (ID BE SCREAMING "SHOOT ME" lol) well, i already am at 21 lol sooo i cant imagine 66yr old and going through with it... what do u think?

KalieGirl

Asked by KalieGirl at 2:28 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I think its nasty-but I agree that she has a better chance at raiseing a good child than a teen does-however I think that playtime and running around, and playing in the mud, and jumping in puddles are important for children-and at 66 I have a hard time believeing she can do all that stuff.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 2:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think I rather see a older woman having children then a teenager. She is a professional women who is smart and can make arrangements for somebody to take care of her children in the event of her death. Also, having children younger has no guarantees that the mother will live long enough to see he children grow. I think that this 66 year old woman has her stuff together and good for her to want to experience motherhood in her own terms.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 2:33 PM on May. 18, 2009

• so you guys are saying cus im 19, im not going to be a good mom, but a 66 year old woman would be ??, how old is she going to be by the time her kid graduates ?? 84?? is she still going to be alive??, is she going to understand anything her child is going through as a teenager, no cus think about how long it has been since she has been one, my boyfriends sister is being raised by his grandparents and they are around that age now but she is graduating next year but they dont understand anything she goes through, so you think its better for a 66 year old woman to have a kid now.. to me, its stupid.
    mommy2be1308

Answer by mommy2be1308 at 2:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• wow the first two respones amazed me. Teens can be awesome moms. . .*rolls eyes* age has NOTHING to do with how good or bad of a mom you'll be.
    ColtsFan1912

Answer by ColtsFan1912 at 2:56 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I'm 42, and I think I'd be insane to have a child at this point in my life. My best friend (41) just had a baby in January, so of course, it's different for every woman, but IMHO, 66 is insane and dangerous (not to mention irresponsible).
    LIZARD66

Answer by LIZARD66 at 3:16 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think its disgusting in my opinion, I dunno maybe cause im visualizing it. but I agree with coltsfan and mommytobe, you can be a young mom and still be a good one, im so sick and tired of all the older women on here saying all young moms suck at parenting... you forget that you had to learn, you made mistakes. Judith brought up a good point, how is the old woman going to be running around playing, what if she falls and breaks a hip, what if her back goes out and she has to have surgery and cant do anything but lay down for a week? young women dont have to really worry about that kind of stuff
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:20 PM on May. 18, 2009

• how does she even work anymore?!
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 3:20 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think that some young moms are taking offense in some of the posts. At 66 being a professional women, she can afford to pay somebody to play with her kids. I think that at 66 she has her stuff together not to have to put up with the first jack ass who says I'll support your child like many young mothers have to do. I think that at 66 she has money saved for these kids college fund, so Yes I think that this 66 years old mother is better equip than some of the very young girls who got pregnant by accident. Hate me or see the irony on it but your youth doesn't warranty that you will be there to see your children grow, so give this 66 year old some credit and let her experience motherhood in her own terms.
    bebita

Answer by bebita at 3:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't know whether I agree or disagree with this, because it's the first time I have heard about it.. BUT bebita, no offence, I don't think paying someone to play with your kids is exactly a great way to go either. That's just my opinion. Do we even know that she is a professional and has money and all this? Like I said, I have not read the story myself..but if we are assuming that she has a "stable" situation just because she is 66, we should probably reconsider. I know plenty of older people that are not stable financially. Age doesnt make much of a difference, esp right now. IDK.
    itsbree2you

Answer by itsbree2you at 4:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Really I do not think that this is right.... First off yes, it is her choice but all I am saying it is just not a good choice on her part. She will be 70 when the baby is 4..... Hello. How can this be healthy for her OR the baby. What happens if this lady dies at 75 (I hope this does not happen) her baby will be 10. I think that childern need their parent well after that. Thats the age when their kids are supposed to take care of their parents if need be. ya know. And even if she had a nanny she might as well put the baby up for adoption and let a family take care of the baby and not just the nanny that could quit at any time. This is a crazy thing for me as I thought that I could not have another baby (TOOK 5 YEARS).... and this 66 year old lady can...
    ARMYmommieof2

Answer by ARMYmommieof2 at 4:28 PM on May. 18, 2009