any of you watch dane cook atheist joke last night?

a man snezes and dane says "god bless you" hes not god, so he refuses to say "bless you" as hes not god and can not bless anyone- anyway the man turns around and says very scarcatically "im an atheist", dane thinks for a second, what is he supposed to say to this "after you die, nothing happends" so dane looks at him and is like "oh, really" and the man look at him and is like "oh your catholic" and the man starts explaning what happends to his body after it dies "I will be buried in the ground and become one with the earth, and come back as a beautiful tree" and Danes like
"really, wouldnt it be ironic when a huge sweaty man comes running though the woods with an ax, see him cuts him down, wraps a chain around him, drags him through the mud, pounds him into paper and prints the bible on him"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:29 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lol! That is pretty funny! As an atheist, I think that would be worse than any form of hell. Being a part of something that I find so awful.

jcsscfam5

Answer by jcsscfam5 at 3:46 PM on May. 18, 2009

• He has been doing that joke for years. It never get's old though.
    Anonymous

• I know! right-
    I love it
    Anonymous

• Yeah, thats an old one, but its good, weather you believe in god or not.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:34 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I think it would be hysterical if that happened to ALL atheists. They'd have no choice in the matter!
    Anonymous

• Real nice, 3:15.
    _Jynxx_

Answer by _Jynxx_ at 3:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• an atheist getting the bible printed on them in thier "reincarnated" tree form, doesn't make your God real...
    Anonymous

• Yeah. it's ok. We'll make sure your good christian bodies that grow trees and are processed into paper are used to print marriage certificates for gay couples. Well, that, and a Book of Shadows for practicing witches. Maybe even a homoerotic vampire story. We'll find use for you as well. :)
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 6:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• The joke doesn't bother/offend me one bit. This atheist doesn't believe in consciousness after death so what do I care what you do with my body? String it up in a tree for all I care! I'm done with it. It always makes me giggle when religious people "threaten" atheists with things that will happen after they're dead. Who cares?? LOL
    Anonymous

• LOL :)
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 1:33 AM on May. 19, 2009