i need to deside if i want to do another c section or try a natrual birth

this will be my second baby im ten weeks pregnant i had a c section with my first baby due to a couple of problems im scared to have a normal delivery because i have a hernia and ive developed a small hemorrhoid im so confused and its stressing me out any one have advice or suggestions ?

barbraanne

Asked by barbraanne at 1:44 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I had all my kids through natural child birth. Then my last one was an emergency c-section. In all honesty, if it had been my first I'm not so sure I would have ever gotten pregnant again for fear of having to go through anpther c-section.
    kayrose

Answer by kayrose at 1:50 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I would at least TRY for a Vaginal birth. When you go into it thinking you want to do a VBAC it is less likely that you will need to have unncessary procedures done. Any time you get any intervention, water breaking, pitocin, epidural, C-section, your risk for complications develops. And if you are planning on having more than just these 2 kids, your risk for cmoplications rises with each pregnancy and each subsequent c-section. Talk to your doctor, talk to a maternal-fetal medicine specialist, and they can go through all the risks and benifits for trying a VBAC
    sapient

Answer by sapient at 2:07 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Ask you doctor, he/she can tell u all the risks of natural vs csection. I ended up having to have csection with my first due to scar tissue not lettin my cervix open more than a thumbnail so with this one knowing about it all i just scheduled another csection i dont wanna go thru the stress again of tryin something that isnt gonna work anyways.
    haylismama

Answer by haylismama at 1:49 PM on Jun. 21, 2008