Hubby & Father just cant seem to get along!?

Okay quick rundown. They use to be cool. My father moved onto our property 6mos ago due to a medical condition he lost his job of 12yrs & home ( he owns our property though ). My hubby is pissed b/c he feels like my dad has inconvenienced us ( moved all his stuff & took over most our property/brought his unsociable dog moving our dogs to the front/comes in our house w/out knocking & uses our bathroom & will nag about alot of stuff/etc ). My dad is pissed b/c he pays some of the bills & feels he has rights. They both walk around tense acting like as*holes & im always the middle person! I feel they want me to choose? Thats my hubby, the man I love & my sons father...and MY father who raised me cuz my mom was not there & is dying! We are moving shortly but meanwhile my life is hell & they both have valid points!? my relationship is strained w/both of them lately & its not fair! what would you do!? be honest. thanks!

whispers2005

Asked by whispers2005 at 2:53 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• I would tell them that they need to sit their asses down and work this out and get along for your sake! Tell them that you love them both and there is no way in hell you are going to choice one over the other and for them to want you to is selfish and childish! let them know that if something isn't done you will have to do some drastic changes to help you cope with all the stress they are causing you. You will have to choose what those changes will be. GL!
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 3:06 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Thank you so much for your response. Its eating me alive all the drama/stress!! I do want to sit them down & have them work it out but honestly they are both "dysfunctional" so to speak & I'm sure will end up fighting possibly physically cuz they are both tough guys & the tension/hostility has been building up. I hate to admit how immature they both are but just as stubborn as well..it feels like a no win situation. my only hope is to move ASAP. My hubby graduates college this friday & hoping to move within a few weeks! well thanks again! I will still try to work something out between them, I have told them both how much this bothers me & that I love them both & they both have valid points but neither will budge. uugghh....
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 3:22 PM on May. 18, 2009