i have 2 girls and just had a lil boy on may 6th and i hve nvr really been around lil boys before and i dont know the 1st thing about raising a boy and im scared to death is this normal? when i think of him gettin older like my girls i start freakin out has ne one else ever felt this way?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• yeah when i found out i was ahving a boy.. he ws my first and all i knew was girls... just relax... he will be jsut fine.. and if you have questions you KNOW there are ppl here that can help....

jsut feed him and make sure if hes circumsized to pull the skin down< for now> and he will be good
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 3:01 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I don't get it. There is very little that is different between raising a boy and raising a girl other than how you might change their diaper.

You instill the same respect of others.
    You teach them to have confidence in themselves.
    You teach them right from wrong.
    You teach them to respect their elders.
    You teach them.

OH, and potty training because they need to learn to pee standing up.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 3:01 PM on May. 18, 2009

• in reality i know theres not much of a difference but its this anxiety i have like i wont be able to raise him to be a man idk why i am so scared but i am
    Anonymous

• I have 2 boys one is 5 the other is 10 months (and this is just a observation bc i dont have a girl) boys are easy, the just a FEARLESS unlike the little girls I have been around and have a more energy lol. I dont know really what your worried about just raise him like you did your girls if you have any like specific ? if you would like you can message me. I am sure what your feeling is normal I know if I had a girl I would be like umm what the heck do i do lol.
    JessicaNichole

Answer by JessicaNichole at 3:06 PM on May. 18, 2009

• it's just the stress of having multiple children and then additionally having a boy. Did you think this baby was going to be a girl from u/s or something? I have a son, my first, then two girls. My husband has brothers. I have a brother. There's really no difference in care except in the bathroom for years. Follow your son's lead as he grows to see what his interests are - what kind of bugs, what kind of trucks to play with, his fav tv shows for a few years will be the same as his sister. Trust the instincts that you have to bring up your daughters - it's more than just knowing what to do with girls as children. You know what to do with a life that needs nurturing, a specific life. Now you're nurturing again. That's all.The years that will determine his personality as a grown man are years and years away actually. A few mistakes by you and others will not harm him. Minute by minute physical and emotional abuse will.
    Anonymous

• the just a FEARLESS unlike the little girls

my dd is fearless LOL she's a nut
    Anonymous

• i knew frm u/s it was a boy and at first i was freakin out but then i got used to the idea and didnt think much of it i have had a lil bit of the baby blues so maybe that iks why im feeling scared and anxious
    Anonymous

• yes. I had a boy first and things were fine. Then I had a girl and I though I have no idea what to do with her. Things will be fine!
    AmandaH321

Answer by AmandaH321 at 3:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• You will do fine. When i had my son i didn't have a clue about anything. I was scared to even look at his pee pee. Even cleaning him made me nervous. After a little while i got used to it and everything went fine. Once he got older and started to play i noticed that he liked to play rough with daddy. Boys will be tougher then your girls. Trust me you will be ok.
    Jessi101088

Answer by Jessi101088 at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I was the same way with my first now I am on boy #3 you will be fine. I am always here to talk if you ever need it
    coloradomommy77

Answer by coloradomommy77 at 4:11 PM on May. 18, 2009