Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Child Abandonment

My daughter's father has not seen my daughter for two years and has never paid child support since he was ordered to start paying. Does anybody have any idea who I would call to file child abandonment. I live in Indianapolis, Indiana.


Asked by Haven_Doug1013 at 3:01 PM on May. 18, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

Level 2 (6 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (4)
  • I'm in Indiana too, and when my bff's sperm donor stopped paying she talked to her lawyer and he said that basically all they could do was throw him in jail. I'm suprised that the state has let it go on this long actually because I know that she found out that the state had sent him a letter saying he had a court date because he was so far behind in support and she didn't know anything about it.

    Answer by fallnangel3 at 7:19 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • Start with the child support office; they will be able to point you in the right direction.

    Answer by rkoloms at 3:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • If he was ordered to pay then he can go to jail for not paying. Social services usually deals with this. If you are on government assistance then you can call them. Best of luck.

    Answer by Jessi101088 at 3:40 PM on May. 18, 2009

  • Are you wanting to get him for child support? Or are you trying to terminate his rights? If you want to terminate his parental rights, go to your county family court office. They should be able to provide you with the steps & paperwork to do this.

    Answer by motherofhope98 at 2:49 PM on May. 19, 2009