Nap time help!

My son was down stairs w/ me, started crying, it was nap time so I calmed him down and put him in his crib. He was okay for about 5 mins then started crying insanely. I have gone in there every few minutes to try to calm him down but he is hysterical with the crying. I even put him down to play and he still cried. I have looked him over, he isn't hurt. He is one. I just don't know what is going on. Any suggestions?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:02 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• One possibility is that he's simply overtired and can't settle. A car or stroller ride might help. The other possibility is that he isn't feeling well but in a non-obvious way. The only time my son cried like this he had an ear infection. you might want to make sure he isn't running a temperature.
    Anonymous

• he may just need to cry it out in his bed. i know its hard to do but if you leave him alone for like 20 minutes he may go to sleep!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• HOW OLD IS HE? IS THIS COMMON FOR NAPTIMES?
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:20 PM on May. 18, 2009

• He's one now, not common at all for nap times for this to go on.
    Anonymous

• Everytime my son is teething, he gets worse for nap and bedtime.... allergies are at its worst time ever and I notice my son will have those issues - not too shocking since I am filled with them. My son was 13 months old when we went from 2 naps to 1 nap - by his own choice. Maybe he's needing less sleep - I know my son is VERY Active.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 3:45 PM on May. 18, 2009

• my 15 month old was crying hysterically the other day, which is very uncommon for him. turned out he had a sore throat and ice cream made him feel all better. maybe your's is aching somewhere or just feeling bad.
    Anonymous

• how'd you know he had a sore throat? Just the fact that the ice cream helped? I have a terrible cold and sore throat and my son has been a bear lately - I wonder if he does to.... i will have to try some tonight.. its so hard when they can't talk
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 6:02 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Try crurling up with him on the couch or in a chair and put on some soothing music or a calm cartoon and just sit with him...maybe he just needs some Mommy time.
    Love2BMommy77

Answer by Love2BMommy77 at 7:18 PM on May. 18, 2009