first time mom needs help!

my 8 week old seems so unsatisfied. he wants to eat every 2 hours. he doesnt even hardly get sleep. i am formula feeding him. what should i do? thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:03 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Feed him when he is hungry. They eat a lot.
    Anonymous

• Put a little cearel in the bottle. The baby cereal I had to give it to mine. They were like monsters always so hungry.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 3:04 PM on May. 18, 2009

• feed him every two hours, he could be going through a growth spurt and consuming more so if he wants food give it to him =)
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 3:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• thats normal! just be glad you are not nursing, one of my babies was almost always attached to me!!
    bettylou420

Answer by bettylou420 at 3:07 PM on May. 18, 2009

• At that age my son was nursing almost every hr. around the clock but Im a stay at home mom so I was able to do that. My son is 29 months old and he still has a problem sleeping. He wakes up around 6am and wants warm milk and then goes back to bed, thats my fault though cause I spoil him. He was never one to sleep through the whole night but I noticed that giving him a warm bath right befor bed and then nursing him helped alot. At three months old you can bath him in night time soap, it has lavernder in it and helps sooth the baby to sleep. Johnson and Johnson also have night time lotion so maybe try that soon. Oh and the oat meal or rice cearel did not help me son at all go to sleep and my doctor even told me that its not effective. I guess every child is different so you could always try it.
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 3:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• hes probly goin thru a growth spurt just feed him my sister breast fed and her baby ate every 45 min. just be glad he's not doin that for the first 3 mnths she never slept
    Anonymous

• Up the amount that you feed him at each feeding and see if he will take more in at once. When he stops burp him and try again. You can also add some baby cereal, but most drs tell you not to do so, it has something to do with the baby's stomach can't take it yet.
    Jessi101088

Answer by Jessi101088 at 3:36 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Just feed him when he's hungry, don't worry about a schedule. And please, don't put cereal in his milk, it's not good for him.
    bamsmom2001

Answer by bamsmom2001 at 7:31 PM on May. 18, 2009