I need to make som extra money from Home any ideas?

Has anyone tried those Get payed to fill out surveys online? Do they payoff? I need any suggestions you have....thank you

AngJoline

Asked by AngJoline at 3:09 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Money & Work

• I have a few thoughts. Do you have a former employer you could work for remotely? If you have a computer with high speed internet and Microsoft Office Pro and have at least intermediate MS Office skills, you should be able to find work as a virtual assistant (VA). There is a company located outside of Chicago that matches up VAs and clients called VSI; the url is www.avirtualstaff.com.
    Do you have a skill or experience that you can turn into a home based business? I have a friend who make children's hair accessories in her basement and sells them to boutiques around the midwest. I work out of my home with two lines of business; I do freelance bookkeeping and business organization; I also do career and job search coaching. I am always happy to help cafemoms with resumes, coverletters, job search strategy and interview preparation. Feel free to contact me directly. -Robin

Answer by rkoloms at 3:59 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I wouldn't waste my time. If someone tells you they are making some enormous amount of money, then make them show you the money. You would literally have to sit hour upon hour with the HOPE to make a few dollars. Not worth wasting your precious valuable time that you could care for your home and properly care for your children and have time for the hubs later.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 4:07 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I am an independent distributor with Scent-Sations, Inc. (Mia Bella candles and other gourmet products). I have a wealth of information on my website: http://www.christileaverton.com - the website is a work in progress, so excuse the dust - there are links to my blogs on there with many questions answered.
    Good luck!
    Christi
    ChristisCandles

Answer by ChristisCandles at 4:09 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I have a series of articles I have put together, a work at home series.  Of course, you will not get rich doing anything on line,but if you are looking to make some spare money, you can check out my Journal here at Cafemom:

Work at Home Series of Articles

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 4:10 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I imagine those people who are making a ton of money with survey sites have a huge downline. Why don't you try a business? DiamondCreek Candles is free to start and our catalog is online, so you can do it all from your home if you really wanted to. There's no investment required, check out my journal to find out more.

motherofanaries

Answer by motherofanaries at 4:13 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I make extra money working online. I’ve cleared over 14k in the last year, it’s not a way to get rich, but you can avoid retail/fast food jobs by doing it. You can see what I’m doing at http://freewaysto2.tk if you’re interested.

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 4:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Hi, You might want to try www.freedomathometeam.com/sclark. It is what I do and I really enjoy it. Check it out. It might or might not be what you are looking for. Good Luck.
    SonjaSC

Answer by SonjaSC at 4:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• yeah, I did the Ameriplan thing and even the person that signed me up "claimed" she was making X amount of dollars a month and then when I signed up it was "rehearsed"...you are supposed to tell people that's what you are making...she wasn't making sh*t.....neither did I. waste of time and money for me.....
    Anonymous

• I suggest an at home business. Tupperware is working GREAT for me and even starting to pick up even though the economy is really bad. Find one you like and see if they have a join for free option. I know Tupperware has one!!! GOOD LUCK!!!
    rocamom

Answer by rocamom at 6:05 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Hey girl. I tried Ameriplan too...I didn't have luck...but there are lots of people that do...you have to find your passion when looking to work from home. If you don't find a company that offers you something you are passionate about it will be hard to succeed. I will send you a pm on what I do from home! I love it! I love to help other mommies work from home as well!
    Momm2Princess

Answer by Momm2Princess at 6:12 PM on May. 18, 2009