Anyone nursing and having to deal with different boob sizes?

My left has always been just slightly bigger than my right. Now that my milk has come in (baby number two was born a week ago,) it's probably like a whole cup size bigger. I had this problem with my first child as well. I know it's just a vanity thing, but it's sort of more than that for me. I guess I'm maybe a little OCD, but I really like things to be even or symmectrical. On the practical side of the matter, my left makes more milk, I think.... My right leaks more, so maybe it makes just as much, but then can't hold it. Anyhow, I just figured I'd get some others' thoughts on it.
Thanks.

Shary14

Asked by Shary14 at 3:13 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• i had the same problem! with each baby it was worse! now i am not nursing and they are still a bit different.
    when i was nursing i wore a lot of button up shirts, pockets in the front help too. i couldnt wear a nursing bra, it was just too big on the small side, so i got some tank tops with shelf bras and a few sports bras. it helped "squish" them down to look the same. but make sure you arent cutting off the milk flow with something too tight.good luck
    Anonymous

• I have the same problem (even the same boob, incidentally!). I try to get my DD to nurse on the right more often (the smaller one), but that one has always been smaller anyway. I hear they even out after your done breastfeeding. I wear cotton pads and use a thicker one for the right boob even though you can't really tell.
    Anonymous