Pronbably a dumb question, but why do people have papertowels sitting on their counters in their bathrooms?

Don't people just dry their hands with a washable towel? And if the papertowels are there for cleaning purposes don't they usually hide them? I seriously don't understand this...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:22 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Just for Fun

• me either. you're drying your CLEAN, WASHED hands on it, not wiping your ass.
    ourbabykins

Answer by ourbabykins at 5:21 PM on May. 18, 2009

• sorry I meant PROBABLY
    Anonymous

• i use paper towels in my bathroom to dry our hands, it dosesn't collect germs like a cloth does
    Anonymous

• To dry your hands on something thats clean. Also with kids at my house anyhow it's impossible to keep the towel in there to use. It always ends up soaked.

bizima4

Answer by bizima4 at 3:23 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I use them only for cleaning in the bathroom and I keep them in there because I don't want the towels that may have fallen on the bathroom floor to go back into my kitchen! BUT I keep them put away under the sink. Sometimes putting the paper towels under the sink isn't the first thing that needs to be done when expecting company though. I'd rather have my kitchen clean and paper towels seen in the bathroom than the other way around :)
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 3:26 PM on May. 18, 2009

• really? I don't like to use cloth towels that other have wiped their hands on after toilet sometiimes without washing first. It's healthier. I've been in tons of public restroooms where women young and old toilet but don't wash and dry. Disgusting!!! Why would you want to 'clean' your hands on cloth that others have wiped on, it's almost like using used toilet paper.
    Anonymous

• I use paper towels. Don't u see the dirt that collects? Cloth is not sanitary at all.I use them in the kitchen too.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 3:28 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I only put out paper towels in the bathroom (and we're talking decorative ones, not like a roll of bounty, right???) when we have larger parties. Oodles of people drying their hands one one towel is pretty gross.
    gramsmom

Answer by gramsmom at 3:34 PM on May. 18, 2009

• I prefer paper towels. It's more sanitary. I hate using towels.
    Anonymous

• Paper towels are more sanitary. I would never wipe my hands using the same towel that a guest used...especially after using the toilet...that's just nasty.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:43 PM on May. 18, 2009