So my cat has very smelly....

poop. I clean her box every day to every other day. I even add baking soda to the liter to try to eliminate the smell. I even stuck an air freshener to the liter box. Her actually box doesn't stink, just her poop. Any ideas on how to fix this problem? It's so bad, that my entire house smells, and it makes it seem so nasty!! Please help!! :-)

AnnHenderson

Asked by AnnHenderson at 3:24 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Pets

• What kind of food are you feeding her?
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:25 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Generic dry cat food.
    AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 3:27 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Get rid of the cat!! Cats are so smelly. I was just looking at homes this week and found one I would've have bought if it wasn't for the smelly cats that lived there.
    Anonymous

• I'm not getting rid of my cat, but thanks!!

AnnHenderson

Answer by AnnHenderson at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Get rid of the cat!! Cats are so smelly. I was just looking at homes this week and found one I would've have bought if it wasn't for the smelly cats that lived there. LOL

I HATE CATS TOO- THEY BELONG OUTSIDE
    Anonymous

• What is with you inconsiderate, heartless, rude people lately!?

Anyways OP, get your cat some good food. Don't buy generic. I don't even buy my cat food at Walmart, I go to the pet stores instead. Buy foods that carry no by-products and no grains. Their stomachs aren't good for digesting that stuff. Find food that has real meat at the top of the list.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 3:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Just change the cats food to some more expensive food like purina, or even something better. My cats use to stink too when they were kittens until i changed their food now i have no problem with my smelling nasty..
    MarGeee

Answer by MarGeee at 9:45 PM on May. 18, 2009

• YOU COULD ALSO INVEST IN AN AUTOMATIC SELF CLEANING LITTER BOX, THEY ARE GREAT!

Answer by older at 11:48 AM on May. 19, 2009

• I would get a quality food at a pet store. My dogs have less stinky stools and less cleanup after having them on a better food.

blujeanlady62

Answer by blujeanlady62 at 5:14 PM on May. 19, 2009