Do you think people like Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, and Tavis Smiley

continue to insight racist dialogue in large media venues to pad their wallet or because they genuinely care? both?

Think about it, if the world were not as racist as they say, then they wouldn't make as much money. So, do they NEED racism in order to sell their services?
Do they even want a peaceful and diverse America?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• You answered your own question.
    akinbottom2

Answer by akinbottom2 at 3:31 PM on May. 18, 2009

• jesse jackson is racist to whites
    Anonymous

• Yep, just like Pat Robertson and Rick Warren and Joel Olsteen and all those other hotshot preachers NEED a God and a Satan to stay in business. What can you say? Hey, everybody's got to pay the rent, right? LOL!
    mizkaye

Answer by mizkaye at 3:35 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Of course they do, they were the voices of many black people in a time where discrimination against blacks was strong. I say "were" because i feel that they are not "needed" in this day and age. Do they want a peaceful and diverse America? Most certainly, that is what they were fighting for. If discrimination never existed towards blacks than they would never have to fight for equality in the first place right?
    tish0607

Answer by tish0607 at 3:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Demagogue: : a leader who makes use of popular prejudices and false claims and promises in order to gain power

I will use "demagogue" in a sentence for you: Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton are 2 of America's best known demagogues. Their constant shit-stirring makes it nearly impossible for the races to ever FORGET skin color while creating resentment and suspicion among the races. Their demagoguery backfires on them, but unfortunately, their followers don't seem to understand that.

That is what I think of those guys and their ilk.
    Anonymous

• Well I think that is an easy question when your aren't the OTHER as Simone de Beauvoir puts it. To them I do not think they can conceive that racism will be eliminated in their life time, and I can see why they would feel this way. Especially considering were Jesse Jackson came from and the work that he did with Martin Luther King. I do feel that in some situations they are over zealous, but that is an easy claim for me to make when I am not the one being persecuted. I think the more important question to ask would be why minority groups feel that they need an advocate like Al Sharpton or Jesse Jackson to represent them and other minority groups. It might divulge why representatives with this kind of media recognition and clout are needed in the first place.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 3:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

When people of low intelligence cannot debate properly they do stuff like this. I guess we all know your intellect level now. lol

Anonymous

• You got that right anon 2:39. They never fail to stoop as low as they possibly can. Pretty pathetic, huh?
    Anonymous

• So, do they NEED racism in order to sell their services?
    IMO, yes, they need to perpetuate the divide and I think they strive to keep the racial tension to a level that is just shy of raising concern on a National level. 

Again, IMO, not if it means less $$$$$ in their pockets.  I don't think they care as much as they say they do. 

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 3:43 PM on May. 18, 2009

• controversary sells. Many people in this society feed off of it. These guys are just an example of political activists who have turned a "cause" into a profit.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 3:46 PM on May. 18, 2009