why am i obsessed with my boyfriends ex's?

I look at their facebook & myspace pages, i google them to try to see what i can find. There are 3 that have a myspace account, i have them all saved under my favorites so i can keep tabs as to what they've been up to. Please don't bash me here, I know I'm totally lame already. Don't need to rub it in...lol! But i figured the best way to get over this, is if i figure out why i do it. I am obsessed with my boyfriends ex girlfreinds. Please help me. Sometimes i even want to contact them, what the hell is up with that? I'm totally losing it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:30 PM on May. 18, 2009 in Relationships

• Girl I really know how you feel. Like I said i did the same thing for awhile. What you need to realize is that yea they may be skinner and they may be pretty, but there is a reason that he is with you and not them. I agree with the low self esteem. I am young as well, and when I started getting big from my first pregnancy it caused me a lot of insecurity, but he stuck with me the whole time and was great. And now I'm pregnant with number 3 and he's just as great and I weigh a lot more then what i did when we started dating.. but things are great with us. The better you think of yourself the better thing will be..
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 3:57 PM on May. 18, 2009

• i think we have all been there.. haha i know i have but the thing with me is my hubby says he doesnt have any exs and if i dont believe him for me to ask his fam yeah like they wouldnt lie for him... anyway i think its just that u wanna see if u can find out anything u dont know bout ur boyfriend or maybe u think he still contacts them.
    Anonymous

• AW its not only you don't worry, lots of girls do it. my boyfriends ex girlfriend calls me and that is strange, she wants to be my "friend". I have asked my boy friend about his exes, maybe you just subconciously want to make sure your not like them or you are different from them, Or maybe you are jealous, I get that way too, its normal. Ask your boyfriend if you can talk about his exes find out why they are exes, it may help you understand why he is with you. He is with you so I would not worry about those other girls! eventually everything will be ok with you, I would not worry about it, your better then them anyway! Good luck xxx
    jparker289

Answer by jparker289 at 3:37 PM on May. 18, 2009

• LMFAO!! PM me girl. It will make you feel better LOL
    whispers2005

Answer by whispers2005 at 3:38 PM on May. 18, 2009

• you dont completely get over them.
    your possessive.....
    we have all done it.
    just takes time
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 3:39 PM on May. 18, 2009

• Thank you, I am not the only one, but you know what it has helped in the long run. One time one of his ex started posting up all these love statuses and how 1 night of pleasure can be someone whole life's nightmare. I came to find out that it was him she was talking about because I saw on the phone bill he had been talking to her and I guess they had shit going on. I was pissed of course but I wouldn't have known anything if I didn't keep tabs on her. Yeah and I always wondered was he going throught the nightmare because he got stuck with a wife and kid or was it her nightmare that she couldn't be with the one she "loved".
    Anonymous

• Your only human. I think this is something that everyone has done at least once. if you need to talk you can message me. I've been there before.
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 3:42 PM on May. 18, 2009

• jparker289 if just read your post. Its funny because there is a girl my hubby use to talk to, not bf and gf she would just always call him. Someone he met before me through a mutual friend. He kept getting annoyed that she'd call so one time he just gave me the phone.. Next thing I know she's adding me on myspace, and constantly writing me. Well me and my hubby have kids together, and next thing i know she meets this guy and is pregnant. It's like she's trying to be me, she wants what i have or at least that's the way it seems. its crazy,..lol
    atjm0919

Answer by atjm0919 at 3:48 PM on May. 18, 2009

• OP here

thanks for helping me feel a little less crazy..haha! I was hoping i'm not the only one. Some of his ex's are SO pretty, & they are ALL SUPER skinny.....I am not. I could easily stand to lose 20 lbs.
    Anonymous

• Low self esteem. I would assume you are very young and immature to boot. I would get rid of the bookmarks to their pages and quit obsessing about them. I doubt they even think about you other than to think you got their left overs.lol
    Anonymous